Top Social

Suicide Prevention Day.

10/09/2015

 Hellooo!

This blog post I have typed about a gazillion times... each time re-wording things or changing it. This is because there is no real way to start talking about this. I guess I just have to go into it. I’m no professional and all of what I’ve included are my own opinions but, all I want to do is help.

Mental Health and Mental Illnesses are both very close to my heart. My best friend has a mental illness, which tears me apart. There is not a day that goes past when I don't think about her. She seemed always so happy to me but I guess she just wasn't enjoying her life. I don't want to talk about this too much because not only is this breaking my heart... but also it’s her story not mine.      

There are many forms of mental illnesses but the most common is depression closely followed by Anxiety and panic attacks. I’m going to focus on Depression. Depression for some people however is just the beginning. Depression can lead to many more things... like suicide.

I am going to talk about suicide because today is world suicide prevention day.

Suicide doesn't seem real to anyone until it comes and hits them. They may lose someone they know, or someone close to them may attempt it. Suicide doesn't hit us all until it’s put into statistics... so I did just that. 

Over 800,000 people die by suicide every year.

There is one death by suicide every 40 seconds.

Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in the world for people aged 15-44years old.

This just shows you how much people are affected. Some people just need assistance, reassurance that someone is there for them. It is brave to speak out… seeking help shows your courage. If you are feeling suicidal you can call the numbers below:

UK: 08457909090

USA (Trevor project): 866-488-7386

Or in effect you want to learn more about different illnesses you can go to the Mind website or Trevor Project.

If you know someone who is having a tough time or you are worried, just channel your thoughts and think positive. The more you think positively about something the more likely it is to happen. Whereas if you are very negative towards something then it is less likely to happen. Therefore you need to believe in those with a mental illness and never give up. Your positivity and belief in them may be the nudge they need. Knowing that someone is still there for them after what may have been a long time can help. I like to think of this in terms of the something being a person. Meaning... don't give up on someone with mental health. One day just one day they may come back and be fighting. Better than ever. This is my one hope.

Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about...This was said by Winston Churchill. I’m not giving up on my best friend. No matter what happens I’m always here for her, I’ll always believe in her... that's what you need to do. Love everyone around you... even yourself. If it’s the hardest thing you do today I will be proud. For many people getting out of bed is a struggle. If you did that today I am proud of you. Everywhere around the world people struggle every day to do such simple tasks that I may take for granted. I believe in all of you.

Don't give up on your loved ones.
 

If you want to just have a chat, you can click the contact me above and email me or drop me a message on twitter.

 

Lots of love x

 

<3

 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature