Top Social

The City Girls UK Blogging Event!*

10/09/2015
The City Girls UK is a blogging event that was created by Holly and Lorna, both whom are beauty bloggers. They created the event to connect bloggers with brands, bloggers with bloggers all while raising money for a certain charity. The events so far have been held in Sheffield, Leeds and soon Manchester! I live no-where near any of these events because I live near London, in Surrey! So when I was scrolling through Holly's blog one afternoon and saw she was hosting a giveaway to win a goody bag from the event. Seeing as I was dying to go to the events I entered... Well I guess I won!! I thought then I would share with you all what I thought of the products I had received!

 
The first item that I pulled out of the box was the Raspberry scented Balmi. I have never tried a Balmi before however since trying it; I think it is the “British” version of the E.O.S lip balms. I found that the balm itself was very moisturizing with a thick consistency, as well as the raspberry smell being absolutely divine. One of my favourite things about lip balm is the packaging. This is weird I know (Matches me!!) but it is such a dinky little square I think it is adorable! One bonus thing is that it has a handy clip on it, meaning it can never get lost in your bag! Mine is now attached to my student lanyard! You can buy a Balmi Here.

 
The second item in the box was two Packets of Urban Fruit. Urban Fruit is dried food in snack sized bags! I love dried fruit but find that sometimes the prices are quite high, just because it is dried. However these not only taste amazing but are also quite cheap! When trying the fruit I shared the bags with my friend Georgia who said that the mango was her favourite because it wasn’t excessively dry like some normal dried mango. We both loved trying the dried strawberries because it was something we’d never tried before but will defiantly be trying again! You can get them in your supermarket like here!
 
Next was an adorable card as well as a postcard. These have the most adorable little animals on them. These can be bought from the Plewsy website at such a reasonable price! The lets party card I sent to my best friend for her birthday and she loved it! I secretly wanted to put the card on my wall because the fox is super cute but I resisted!

I loved the caption inside the box: Directions:
'Pout out lous and apply a thin layer evenly over lips for dewy, shimmering lips!'
Next is a Dusty Girls Lip-gloss. The lip-gloss is in the shade “Pacific Ocean shimmer”. I am in love with the name of this product because its talking about how when the sun hits the sea it glistens… just like the gloss#1 I was quite glad that I received a clear gloss because I love to wear it over lipstick to add  a shinier effect. The gloss isn’t sticky and is quite long lasting. The gloss is made by `Moo Goo’ and can be bought here!
 

 
Moreover there was also a collection of Derma V10creams. The four that I received were: Coconut Body Butter, Rejuvenating NightCream, Multi Radiance Cream and Hand and nail cream. The Body butter smells exactly like a Cadbury bounty, one of my favourite chocolate bars. I have been using this moisturiser since I returned from my holiday in Barcelona and it has done a better job than after-sun preventing me from peeling! The Hand and nail cream has worked amazing wonders in strengthening my nails while helping them grow. I have a bad habit of biting my nails, yet the stronger and longer they are the less I bite them, so this is helping! The cream also doesn’t leave your hands feeling greasy or sticky. The moistening face cream has made my skin feel healthier and look more radiant. I believe this is because of the pomegranate extract that is inside. Finally the night cream is a slightly thicker consistency to the other creams, however is helping with my spotty teenage skin. The smell of the cream reminds me of my grandma (in a good way) it has a natural yet floral smell, I can’t quite pin point the exact smell but it is so nice!
 
Next was something I have used before and it was a 7th Heaven face mask in Pineapple peel-off. The face masks are made for all skin types, to help remove dead cells and black heads. I like the fact the mask is like a cream but as it starts to dry it transforms into one mask over your face. You leave it on for 20-25 minutes then peel-off! I love these masks and can always notice a difference in my skin when I use them! You can get one here!
 
Now you may be like me and have always used disposable razors for shaving my legs, which you throw away after multiple uses. Well after years of hacking my legs to bits I’ve finally been converted! I have now got a ‘proper’ razor to do my legs! Now I advise you take the change, because I seriously notice a difference. My legs are a lot smoother and I’m not always cutting them! Also it works out a lot cheaper in the long run because you replace the head a lot less than getting a new disposable razor! Get one here!
 
The Sugru was something that completely baffled me. It looks just like playdo yet sets like gorilla glue! You simply mould it around something then 24 hours later it is set yet flexible! Now if you have an iPhone you will understand this next bit… I’m on my 100th apple charger by now for my iPhone 5s, so I wrapped the Sugru around the top near the head of the charger to stop myself from bending it as much, and it has really helped! My iPhone charger looks brand new still, just with a red touch!! You can get some Sugru here in all sorts of colours!

 
One thing I love to do at weekends or as soon as I have time off school is paint my nails. This is why I loved the next product. It was an Angelica nail colour. The colour is like a fire engine red in my eyes. I love this colour as we are leading up to Christmas, so I can’t wait to paint my nails! I also love the fact that once coat is enough. The Nail varnish also doesn’t chip easily so it lasts a long time! You can check out their website here!
 
Next is a candle from Twig + Dot. The candle is in the scent Marshmallow, Vanilla and cream. It smells like the inside of a smore. It is quite a strong scent, yet is not over powering. I have been burning this in the evenings for an hour or so while reading a book and drinking tea. It manages to keep a room smelling even once it has burnt out! You can check out the website here!
The next item that I pulled out is something that I rely on everyday... TEA! I am a big tea drinker whether it is green tea, peppermint tea or just ordinary tea I will drink it! Now I have always been a PG tips kind of girl but once again I’ve been challenged and now I much prefer the Yorkshire Gold! In these boxes you get 10 tea bags which lasts me a week! The taste is so pure and just makes a good relaxing cup of tea!! You can buy the Yorkshire tea from here.

My hair is naturally curly so brushing it is not an option…until it is straight. I often straighten my hair in the mornings for school however it results in me carrying a hair brush around all day which gets heavy mixed in with all my textbooks! So this mini Tangle Angel is a life savour. You can brush through your hair and it just leaves it feeling so silky and soft! The brush is also so dinky that it weighs next to nothing so I don’t mind carrying it around! You can visit the website here!
As well as all of the above I also received three samples from Manuka Doctor. These are skincare products which all include Bee Venom and Honey. One is a skin treatment to improve blemishes in 3 weeks! The next is a wrinkle reducer, which claims to fill them in! The final one is a rejuvenating face mask which helps with the skins elasticity. I haven’t tried any of these yet, but having read reviews of the product I can tell you that they clearly work. I will do a further blog post in the future so watch this space! Buy them here!
 
One of my favourite snacks is olives. Never before have I had Basil and Garlic, but they tasted divine! Yes the next day I woke up with garlic breath, but it was all worth it! I couldn't believe this bag was full, yet only 50 calories! Get yourself some here!
 


 
The final item was a Colouring book. I received the ‘The Can’t Sleep Colouring Book’! I have enjoyed having to use my creativity to create colour combinations while colouring in the intricate designs. It has helped me put aside my thoughts of exams and the stress, giving me time to relax in the evenings. If you are taking exams this year I advise you get one as just calm down in the evenings before sleeping! Buy one here.
 
I also received the tote bag in the background of all these picture and a lot of Leaflets from different brands some including discount codes which are listed below!
Scribbler 20% off (valid until 11/11/2015) use: CITYGIRL2O
Beauty Crowd 10% off (Valid until 1/11/15) use: WELCOME15
Stress Free Prints! 15% off use: MAKEANIMPRESSION15
I would just like to say a massive thank you to Holly and Lorna for not only sending me a box of goodies, but also for creating such amazing events that I have seen a lot of different blog posts or photos on from social media! You can find out more about the city girls below!
Twitter: @thecitygirlsuk
Instagram: @thecitygirlsuk
<3
 
 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature