Top Social

Drugstore Dark Lip and Subtle eye!

17/01/2016












Hello Lovelies,

So today I thought that I would create a make-up look with products I only bought from the drugstore. I bought most of these from boots and Superdrug but some are from Walmart!

The foundation I used was the MUA Matte Perfection in the shade fair. This foundation not only has a high coverage but it also isn't heavy on the skin. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who sometimes has oily skin and it comes through their foundation. I hardly need to top up my powder throughout the day.

I also used the Sleek blush in Pomegranate, which is a gorgeous pinky purple shade. The colour is highly pigmented and it also illuminates the cheeks.

I love to contour my face no matter what. I love to have more definition. I use this bronzer all the time every day and it is the Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder Medium 51. I always talk about this product in all my make-up tutorials but it truly is amazing. It is so easy to darken as well as blend out.

I am one who loves to fill in her brows even if it was to walk to Tesco. I think they are one of the main features people notice on others now and I'm always cautious to go out without them on! I used the Barry M Shape and Define Brow kit. I love the fact that this comes with a powder, wax and highlighter. I mainly use the powder because I find that the wax is too dark however if I want more of a defined look I will use a tiny bit of wax but just really blend it out. The highlighter from this pallet I not only applied on my eyebrow bone but also on the tops of my cheeks!

The Powder I used was the Natural Collection Pressed Powder in the shade Warm. The powder itself feels very light on the skin and for only about £2 it was a lot better than expected. It didn't last for much longer than 4 hours but for around two pounds you can’t go wrong!

On my eyes I used the Maybelline Blushed nudes palette which I picked up from Walmart back in October. I was struggling to find it in the UK but when I saw they had it I couldn't resist (I have since seen it in boots!). I took the Pinky shimmer shade and applied this all over my lid, making sure to create an even base. Then I took a warm brown tone that has silver flecks in it and blended this through my crease. This helps with the definition of the eye and allows it to stand out more. Then I just took a little bit of the white on the tip of my brush and blended this into my inner corner.

For mascara I used a product that I picked up in the states which is the Elf 3-in-1 Mascara Lengthen, Define & Volume. I love the overall finish of the look with this mascara but I do not like the brush. It has a circular ball on one end and the rest is sort of wavy. I think this just over complicates the application. But at the end the mascara does look good!

On my lips I used the Maybelline ColourSensational 435 Plum Perfect. The lipstick itself is very moisturising and gives a shiny look to your lips. It does look slightly redder than it does in the packaging but I quite like this because it makes it stand out more than a dark purple. The lipstick is very pigmented and lasted for around 12 hours which was after food, drinking and chewing endlessly on pens. I am now struggling to find this colour anywhere online or in-store it has disappeared of the face of the earth?!

The finished look is below!

I hope you have enjoyed my post about this make-up look and if you have then feel free to leave a comment below or tweet me! While I'm writing this I also want to apologise for the one post a week at the minute I am just preparing for my GCSEs and obviously school has to come first, sorry!


-Abigail x




Before:



After:





Incase anybody was wondering I used the Canon 1200d.







Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature