Top Social

I'm a mother at 16?

25/02/2016
        



Hello lovelies,

Today is going to be more of a personal post.. A bit of a rant if you like. 

A few days ago I was out with my youngest half-brother who is 5. We had just popped into a local supermarket about a 10 minute walk from our house,  to get some fresh air and pick out a magazine while getting some milk for the rest of our family at home. So we are strolling round the shop holding one handle of the basket each to share the jobs when a few girls start walking down the aisle from the opposite side that we do. 

The girls were probably around my age maybe even slightly younger... My outfit was the opposite to there's though I had on an over sized jumper and coat but they were sauntering around in little crop tops.. Because obviously flashing your belly while shopping is the thing to do. Back to my story anyway...

My brother Nathan and I are very close, he's like a best friend to me so we always hold hands and are laughing our heads off. So we start getting some I interesting looks, dirty looks if you like. These girls stop there conversation and stare at me because I'm walking with him. As we walk past they clearly turned there heads behind me and watched us before I heard one mutter... "Is that his mum?"  

This isn't the first time it has happened. We always get looks from anyone whenever we are out and I hate it. So what if I was his mother... It's no place for you to judge me and stare me up and down. I'd rather they kept their noses out because if they knew me then... Thinking about it logically I would have had to have him at around aged 10/11. 

I hate the way society has created this 'figure' if you like about young mums and that every teenager or young adult that spends quality time with family whom are a lot younger is suddenly a parent. If people can cope at a young age being a parent then that's their choice and I'm not saying I'm against it at all but it's at the point that I can't even take my youngest brother to the shop anymore without people staring. He is my brother, do you want me to put a big sign above my head saying 'BIG SISTER'. It frustrates me, I can't even put into words how I feel. 

What I'm trying to say I guess is that you really need to know someone before you judge them. They say not to judge a book by its cover so don't judge my life or anyone else's by what you see. 


I'm sorry for ranting to all the lovely people in this world that think mine and my brothers friendship is special or what not. We are just very close and having comments by other people isn't going to change that. 


-Abigail x





2 comments on "I'm a mother at 16?"
  1. I don't understand why people can't simply mind there own business! I try to ignore them but sometimes it winds me up I just want to throw a rock at them ;)! Thank you for commenting x

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature