Top Social

My little blog is two years old!

03/03/2016

Two years ago today I was sat in my bed, unable to sleep. It was around 1am and I had school the next day, being only 14. I had tried to read and get myself to fall asleep but that wasn't working and then I started catching up on my favourite blogs. I'd must of read at least 15 before I thought that maybe I should start a blog... And so I did.


It was 1am and I decided right now is the time to do it. I started to look things up on my iPad trying to find the best website when I stumbled upon blogger. It was so simple to create and set up my blog. I fell in love with the designing aspect until it came to the name. I was really stuck on what to make it. I went through all the nicknames people called me until I came across abster hamster... Which you can learn about in a post called 'you know my name, not my story'

My first ever blog post was 25 facts about me, written with such poor grammar that it makes me chuckle. After writing my first post I got a buzz and wrote another two to save in my drafts. My photos were taken on my iPhone and I didn't really know what I was doing. I was doing my blog for a laugh and to have fun. It has also helped my English at school because I have a tendency to ramble on about utter rubbish, which I've managed to try and sort of.. Not really control on my blog! 

When I first started my blog I never looked at page views or shared it really on social media, so any views I got were from the World Wide Web. I never told my friends as I wanted to keep it to myself as a place to vent and share how I felt. But things change and I later told a few. Only the end of last year begging of this year have I started to tell family and that's because I never thought they'd be interested. They'd tell me to stop wasting my time and concentrate on school work. Yes I should be doing that but my blog is helping with my English homework okay ;). Since then my page views have been increasing so I began increasing the amount of posts I put up a week.


I know I say it a lot but it's true....
I'm so thankful for all the opportunities I've been given over the past two years and to all the incredible people I have spoken to, all thanks to my little space on the internet.
Everything that has happened over this time, I never would have dreamed could happen when I started abigailjessicax back in March 2014. I mean it from the bottom of my hart. Thank you to every single person for making my blogging journey so incredible, thank you for the continued support whether it be on here, social media or in person. I hope I can continue creating content that you enjoy reading!
Thank you so so so so so much!!

 







-Abigail X




















Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature