Top Social

10th: Absoloute Truth, For Beginners. *Blogmas 2015*

10/12/2015


Hello Lovelies,

So one incredible thing I have been able to do this year was interview Katarina West as well as review her book! The book review is first and then is the interview in this post! I hope you enjoy!
Katarina's newest book that she has released is called 'Absolute Truth, For Beginners'. The book is the second written by Katarina and I have to say I loved it! Elisa Mancini is the main character whom I was easily able to relate to. She is very insecure and has little confidence in herself. She is also like me, a book nerd. She much prefers them to people.

On the other hand we have the popular. Judith Shapiro is intelligent and the ruler of everyone around her. What will happen when the two worlds collide and Elisa realises that she is truly, madly, deeply in love with Judith... who is the same gender as her.

I don't want to spoil too much of the story for you, but you can read the book following the journey of the two girls becoming who they are. Will it be okay in society for them to be together? Will Judith's social status be ruined? Like I said I don't want to give away much of the book but I am giving it 5 stars out of 5. The books written exceptionally well and I love how the story evolves. Anyway I will leave my review there.

The book will be officially published on the 15th of December however you can currently pre-order it on amazon. For the first two weeks it will only be £0.99 however it will be £3.99 from then onwards.
So as I said above I was able to also ask Katarina some questions which I felt extremely privileged to do! You can read all about it below.

Who was your inspiration off for Elisa Mancini? (Or did you think of it all on your own?)

This novel grew really slowly. In the first versions it was a fantasy story about a school for talented children, and Elisa’s predecessor was one of the students. She was some ten years younger then. Then I decided to make her older, and get rid of the school. It really was a slow process, making this story come alive.

Where did you come up with the idea for your book (inspiration)?

Well, I was fascinated with the notion of time… I knew I wanted to write about it, but I didn’t know what. So I kept collecting material. And then I started to create characters, and think what might happen to them.

What is the hardest thing you have come across when writing a book?

Maybe there isn’t any single thing that is hard, but rather the fact that you are creating an entire world all by yourself, and at times that can be overwhelming, and confusing, and even lonely. Having said that, this is also one of the best things about writing a novel. It’s a double-edged sword!

Whenever I write a blog post I like to be in a quiet environment normally my bedroom. Where is your preferred place to write?

I have my study. I can write elsewhere too if I must, but without doubt that’s where I work best. It’s almost as if I feel the presence of my characters when I enter my study.

When did you realise that you wanted to become an author?

I was about twelve years old. I actually solemnly vowed, to myself and to all higher powers present at that moment, that one day I was going to write stories. Later on, when there were difficult periods with writing, I always came back to that decision.

Are there any writers whom you looked up to as a child?

Agatha Christie, for example. I read the children’s section in our public library rather quickly, and continued reading adult books, especially suspense. And then I started to write murder stories à la Agatha Christie. I was probably about ten years old. The problem was, I was so afraid of my own stories that I couldn’t get any sleep at night. That was my first creative crisis!

Did you enjoy English when you were at school?

Oh, absolutely. But I must admit I was a bit lazy with languages. I come from a bilingual family – my father speaks Swedish and my mother Finnish – so I got used to the idea that you don’t have to sweat that much to learn languages. Till I started to study French in my teens, and couldn’t understand a word of it! French is still my weak point. I just can’t figure it out. Sometimes when my writing isn’t going well, I take a pause and read irregular French verbs. It actually helps, you know.


Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Read, read, read. Plus, write daily – a thousand words a day keeps the writer’s block away! There are so many wonderful tips for writers, but I think these two are the most important ones. Because if you read and write regularly and as much as you can, you have to get somewhere.



I hope you have enjoyed this blog post! I would like to thank Katarina for giving me this opportunity, and you can find her at all the links below!


-Abigail x
­
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature